CAREER OPPORTUNITY- Radio Marketing Consultant
Written by Corey Stott on October 19, 2022
Hometown Radio Group is looking for savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to join our team selling our traditional, digital, and event marketing solutions to local small-to-medium sized businesses. Our stations include KMEM 100.5 FM in Memphis, Missouri and KUDV 106.9 FM in Bloomfield, Iowa. Positions are available in the Memphis, Kirksville and Bloomfield markets and would encompass the surrounding areas.
Ideal candidates will be goal oriented, relentless in their drive to win new business, and possess a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have a deep knowledge of marketing principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills, then we’d love to talk to you!
• Have an understanding of marketing/ sales and how to help customers grow their
• Are self-motivated and results oriented
• Have an outgoing, resilient personality
• Enjoy the “thrill of the hunt” challenge of bringing in new business
• Past sales experience is preferred but not required
• Digital marketing experience is a plus
• A strong desire to learn and succeed
• A demonstrated record of success in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
• Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing and developing customer
• Ability to develop a strategic sales plan
• Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key
decision makers with an ability to secure appointments with qualified prospects
• Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling advertising
• Ability to present a marketing/ sales plan that addresses client objectives and reaches
the target audience
• Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability are essential
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance coverage
The radio marketing consultant is a full-time position with a work schedule that is flexible and developed in consultation with the sales manager. Compensation is on a commission draw basis and equates out to a base pay of $30,000 annually with additional commissions paid out for surpassing sales goals. A probationary and ramping-up/training period is built into the compensation schedule. This position is a direct report to the sales manager.
Applicants should apply by sending a cover letter, resume and work references to Mr. Corey
Stott, Hometown Radio Group Sales Manager/ News Director, at [email protected].
Questions should also be directed to this email address. No phone calls please.